Pregnancy massage

Home Forums MV Moms Pregnancy massage

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rose654 4 years ago.

• Posted in: MV Moms
  • July 23, 2017 at 11:25 am #6441

I’m in my first trimester and was just wondering if anyone has had a ‘pregnancy massage’ and how it went. Is it okay to have massages during pregnancy and that too during the first trimester? I thought of doing it because my pregnancy scan result showed that my placenta was low (lying between 15mm and 1.5cms). It was never over the cervix but just close. I never had any kind of bleeding and also didn’t need to take any kind of precautions. The doctor said that there is nothing so much to worry about in my case as there is a high possibility of my placenta to move up. The other issue is the constant pain which I experience frequently. Sometimes I even can’t feel my finger tips. I haven’t been able to do it in weeks. I researched about it and thought of getting a full body massage from a registered clinic which offers massage therapy services in Toronto.
    I haven’t asked my doctor to about it. I have heard that some doctors don’t give the ‘green light’ to it and say that it’s okay to get the massage as they fear if something bad does happen. But my back is hurting and I’m uncomfortable with the pain. Have any of you gotten prenatal massage? If so, which types of massage are safe? One of my friends suggested to take deep tissue massage. But I don’t want to risk triggering any important pressure points that may lead to further pregnancy complications.
    I would love to hear your valuable thoughts. Please be kind to share your experience here. Thank you in advance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.