I want to get rid of my glasses. Please help me

Home Forums MV Moms I want to get rid of my glasses. Please help me

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Our Circle of Moms 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Posted in: MV Moms
  • September 28, 2017 at 4:58 am #6625

Hey, I have two hyperactive children. I used to run behind them all day. As I have glasses, I find it very difficult to manage both my glasses and my children. My glasses get broken often. When I discussed this with my friend she suggested to use contact lenses. But when I thought of contact lens, my hubby said that it is not recommended for all as it can irritation to eyes. I am planning to do laser vision correction from an eye clinic in Toronto. I hope I can completely get rid of this discomfort due to glasses. If I am going for laser vision correction, which type of treatment should I choose?
    How about Lasik surgery? I am a diabetic patient, will there be any problem in undergoing lasik eye surgery? How many days should I take rest after the surgery? Or should I go with PiXL? I heard PiXL is a painful procedure. Is that correct? Will both give lifetime healing? Please give me genuine replies

• September 29, 2017 at 9:39 am #6628

Definitely best to consult with your doctor. But a quick online search, I found this for those with diabetes:

Some surgeons will insist that you have Intralase as opposed to standard Lasik as healing time is generally quicker with this procedure. Pre-existing diabetic retinopathy. If you already have diabetic retinopathy your vision may well be slightly impaired. Laser eye surgery will not improve your diabetic retinopathy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.