Crowded teeth!

Home Forums School Age Kids Crowded teeth!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  laura123 4 years, 1 month ago.

• July 26, 2017 at 7:34 am #6445

Hi, I am Jennifer. I am a mother of a 11-year old. His mouth is too small for his teeth. So, it resulted in crowded teeth and hence the reason for them to shift. He is having so much difficulty in cleaning his teeth and while eating food. I am planning to take him to our dentist in Edmonton. It would be his first dental visit. I saw a slight fear in him when I talked to him about going to the dentist.
    How can I convince and take him there? I have no idea what the procedures would be. Will there be a need for tooth extraction? Isn’t it a painful process? Or will there be a need to put braces? Any advice will be a great help.

• August 1, 2017 at 9:11 am #6453

From my experience (have crowded teeth and did the whole braces thing for 3 years, plus family members who also have ‘stubborn’ and crowded teeth)
    I wish we had agreed to extract a tooth when my family dentist in Kanata had suggested it. He had suggested I extract one tooth, the one in the middle. I thought it was wierd to only extract one and not two, as there would be uneven teeth. Plus, since I was getting braces anyway, I thought it wasn’t necessary.
    I had my braces on for 3 years. It was painful. My teeth are really stubborn and seemed to fight the braces.
    As soon as I got my braces off my teeth started to move back. Even wearing a retainer 24/7, it didn’t seem to help.
    So my teeth are pretty much back to square one. They are really jumbled/crowded and they are really crooked.
    I’d really like to see what would have been different if I had the extraction.

This was when I was 13 yrs old btw, not 6. I wouldn’t extract baby teeth only adult teeth.

• August 16, 2017 at 8:05 am #6478

I have a pretty small mouth and my teeth are crowded. Yesterday I had two extracted and I’m getting braces within the next year at Stittsville Dentist. I brush my teeth at least 3 times a day and I floss twice – but I can still notice plaque building up..I know it’s because some of my teeth are really hard to get at and to clean between due to the crowding.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.